Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Fun

We've been having a great summer. We went to Walmart and bought Addison a pink, plastic wading pool, and we can't keep her out of it. She's definitely a water baby...


Seeing the pool for the first time!

Patriotic girl!



Playing with her ducky watering can

She's not going potty in the pool- just testing the cold water on her tushy...

We had DQ ice cream cake for Russ' birthday, and Addison was pretty much obsessed with it, as you can see...

Enjoying the chocolate...

And attempting to escape...

Last set of Addison pictures- my little book worm...

She loves to sit in Dada's recliner and read



So my most recent project was a tufted, burlap headboard for the khaki/coral bedroom downstairs. I got my inspiration/tutorial from here:

Dunc cut my plywood for me. Alas, I am not allowed to use circular saws...

My work station. Tutorial on laptop and needed crafting materials in my new 31 bag!

Covering the board in foam and batting

Covering my buttons- hardest part of the entire project. I now officially despise button covering kits...
Starting the tufting over the burlap

Finished project

It took me about 2 weeks to get the silly thing done, but I really like how it turned out. It's not perfect, but that's why I used the burlap- it lends itself to being a little more rustic! I think I will refinish a chair next...

Russ and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary tomorrow. He got me some pretty, lavender roses. He knows me well...






Hope everyone else is having an amazing summer!




2 comments:

  1. I think the headboard turned out great! (and Addison is cute as always. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete